On the follow up, Speak Low renditions, Lucia decided to move this conversation to the contemporary arena. The idea was to involve artists at the current vanguard; musicians whom she also considers her family and musical soulmates. She chose individuals who are dear to her, who have a strong artistic vision, who are progressive, unique and honest with their work – and make singular, uncompromising music. The intent, this time around, was to take the stems from Speak Low and offer them up for the wildest interpretations, hence unlocking more potential, musical futures. From the 10 artists who were contacted, not only all of them agreed to participate, but every one of them submitted a gorgeous version. The beauty of Speak Low renditions lies not only in showcasing some of the most interesting music happening at the frontiers of modern Jazz (and its offshoots), but that it's actually a wonderfully cohesive and dramatically balanced musical journey. When asked about how she managed to avoid the pitfalls of compilation territory, Lucia said that she approached the project like a curator. She made sure that the artists that she recruited, would not only offer great music, but that together, they would also fuse into a graceful mosaic.
Pressetext liegt nur in englischer Sprache uns vor!
STARRING:FRANS PETTER (SE) JULIAN SARTORIUS (CH) MARC LOHR (D) DAN NICHOLLS (UK), EVELINN TROUBLE (CH) COLIN VALLON (CH) JOY FREMPONG (CH) MARC NEYEN (D), DON PHILIPPE (D)
1. Some Other Spring feat. Tilo Weber (Frans Petter Edit)
2. Don't Explain (Julian Sartorius Edit)
3. Strange Fruit (Marc Lohr Edit)
4. Deep Song (Dan Nicholls Edit)
5. Slow Hot Wind (Evelinn Trouble Edit)
6. Speak Low feat. Julian Sartorius (Frans Petter Edit)
7. Don't Explain (Colin Vallon Edit)
8. Willow Weep For me (Joy Frempong Edit)
9. Ain't Got no (Trummerschlunk Edit)
10. Moon River (Marc Neyen Edit)
11. Moon River (Don Philippe Edit)